AVIC411.com

Sometimes Very Dim Screen on D3

Hi all,

I have had my D3 installed for several months now and every once in a while the screen will be very very dim (sometimes reddish in color)... It powers on when I turn the car on and the screen is very dim... Then, a little while after driving it pop back to full brightness...

This is NOT an illumination issue... The day/night mode is correct... This is the actual screen be very dim/reddish in color... Almost unreadable...

I have a feeling that it is a temperature issue... It has recently gotten very cold here and it seems to be dim when I turn the car on for the first time in the morning and then pop back to full brightness once it warms up...

I am not for sure if it is a temperature thing or not... That is just my best guess... It does not do it all the time... Just sometimes... But, when it does do it, it always eventually pops to full brightness after a while...

Just wondering if anybody else has had the dim/reddish issue??? Or, maybe if any tech guys have heard anything from Pioneer on this???

Thanks,

Mark

I can attest to the cold thing. Mine is normally very dim when the temp drops. Once the thing warms up all is good.

Yeah i have the same issue when it gets cold outside. Just like you said though, inthe afternoon it lights up fine. I'd agree that it is a temperature issue. Try parking in a garage if you can at night and see if the screen still comes on dim.