AVIC411.com

Bluetooth issue w/ Z2 and BB 8100

A long time ago I paired my Z2 with my Blackberry 8100. Everything worked fine, except I wasn't too happy with the quality of the audio or how I sounded to others. So I recently acquired a bluetooth headset which I paired with my phone with no problems. The problems started as soon as I entered my car. On my phone it would keep asking me for the password to "PIONEER AVIC NAV". I don't want my phone connecting to the Pioneer anymore. So I removed the Pioneer AVIC NAV from my blackberry bluetooth screen. The problem persisted. I then changed the name of my phone to something else yet the problem persisted.

How can I keep my Pioneer from pairing with my phone once it's already been paired? Every time I am on my new headset and the Pioneer attempts to pair, my audio reception/transmission starts to sound all crackled.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Perhaps you can help me. I just got a BBerry 8830 and can't get it to pair with my Z2. I am told it's because the Z2 can't play with a windows based phone. How did you get yours to pair ?

That's not true. I have a Samsung I760 and it pairs with the Z2 just fine. Make sure you have the "Handfree" option check under your Z2 decive in your phone.

IS your SAMSUNG a cell phone ? I had a cell phone and it paired just fine. I upgraded to the Blackberry 8830 and I can't get that to pair. They "see" each other but when I enter the passcode of the Z2, the Blackberry displays "Unable to pair"

Samsung I760 (Verizon) is a PDA/phone, running Windows Mobile 6 Professional.

• 1 month later...

I just bought my Z2, and was able to get it to pair with my BB 8100 by going through the AVIC to recognize the phone.

Problem is I am unable to transfer my contacts. It starts off then I see the password screen flash instantly into an error message stating that its unable to transfer contacts.

Can anyone tell me if they were able to transfer their contacts using an 8100 with AT&T (Cingular) as their provider? And if so, HOW!!!!??????

Thanks

By the way....I DID search!!!! And all I could come across is that someone's unknown service provider 8100 was able to pair.

^^ try this: on the nav phone menu: "read bus card" (and then the connection disconnects)

On the blackberry go to the bluetooth menu, highlight the nav device name, press the menu button, scroll down to transfer phonebook and follow logical steps

Does that work?

Abe

^^ try this: on the nav phone menu: "read bus card" (and then the connection disconnects)

On the blackberry go to the bluetooth menu, highlight the nav device name, press the menu button, scroll down to transfer phonebook and follow logical steps

Does that work?

Abe

Worked GREAT, Thanks bro!! :D

• 1 month later...

Wow, I'd hate to reply to an older thread, but this just saved me hours of aggravation.

Couldn't for the life of me figure out why I couldn't get my Blackberry Curve to transfer my address book.

I kept getting "Transfer Failed"

Would have never thought to try to do it while in the "Business Card" mode.

Make this a sticky!!!!!!!

Thanks