AVIC411.com

I just purchased an avic n2 off of ebay for around 500 bucks. It came with everything needed for the install. Today I did the instal into a 2003 dodge 2500 pickup. After hooking everything up I turned the truck on. The screen flipped out and up and the unit appeared to be working inside and the face was lit, but the screen stayed black. right about then IM thinking I Just got robbed. ANYBODY NOW WHAT WHAT THE PROBLEM MAY BE???

ALSO ON THESE UNITS WHAT DOES HOOKING THE PURPLE REVERSE WIRE UP DO???

I ASO RULED OUT ANY CABLES BEING BAD OR THE BRAIN BECAUSE WHEN I PLUG IN MY AVIC N1 UNIT TO THE HARNESS IT POWERS UP AND THE SCREEN WORKS.

PLEASE ANY SUGGESTIONS

If for any reason your N2 brain was disconnected from the head unit with the power still applied, then make sure you push in and hold down the small reset button on the face until it reboots or you will have near the same symptom as a bad flex cable.

Also make sure the cable that attaches the head unit to the brain and head unit are completly seated.

The difference is the unit will still power up and be illumminated, but none of the unit's functions will work and you will NOT be able to hear any audio comming from any source if this is the case.

As for a bad flex cable, all the units functions will still work, but no screen.

Oh! and the purple wire is to activate a rear mounted camera when you put the vehicle in reverse.

Hope this helps... Good Luck!