AVIC411.com

Insurance questions about z2

I put a z2 in my 2006 f150 couple days ago. The truck has full insurance with $500 deductablle. Should i tell my insurance company that i put the z2 in my truck cause if it is stolen who will pay for my loss? Will the insurance company raise my rate a little bit or can i buy seprate insurance just for the z2 from another company? I seen ppl here talking about their z2 or d2 stolen from their cars and then get paid for it from insurance company so i was wondering if that happen to me, who should i notify?

thanks

I would think that would be a question for your agent. Some companies have separate add ons for aftermarket stereo stuff. I know from my experiance with owning a kinda rare car (a 2001 Mustang Bullitt) and having some stereo work done to it (D3, Zapco amps and JL everywhere) that I have extra coverage to cover it. I think for 5 grand in coverage I pay 26 bucks every 6 months (I would have to pull my policy out to be sure, though) which is kinda nice.

Yea, I have Geico, and for a few extra bucks a month, I have the Z2 insured on an add on. It came in handy, because someone did steal my Z1, and all it cost me was 50 bucks, to get the entire unit, add ons, installation and front dash replaced. Even got the check in hand the next day.