AVIC411.com

What is this thing?

I am in the process of installng my D3 in a 2007 Silverado Classic. This plastic piece is on the reverse sensor wire. What is it?

I took the time to ohm every connection I made with my volt meter. I just set the meter to give me a tone if I had continuity. When I ohmed this wire I did not get a tone. The numbers on the meter changed, but no tone. I took the connector apart and I can see that the connection is good, but I am not getting a tone. I have seen pieces like this that were to prevent feedback. I was wondering if these was affecting the ohms.

Thanks

post-8865-12872753597205_thumb.jpg

It could be a resistor, because the D3 doesn't need the full 12 volts from the reverse light wire to tell that it's on?

doesn't the resistor limit current not voltage?

Same shit.

Ummm no?

VOLTAGE

Voltage is the potential difference between two points.

Think of it as the equivalent of water pressure.

You get voltage across something, not through it.

Voltage is measured in volts. Obvious.

Voltage causes sparks and hair standing on end.

CURRENT

Current is the number of electrons flowing per unit time.

Think of it as the equivalent of water flow rate.

You get current through something, not across it.

Current is measured in amps, short for ampères.

Despite the above, it is not correct to refer to current as amperage.

Current causes fire and death.

Just like people think High Voltage will kill you... WRONG, High Current will kill you, they usually run side by side. I work in Show Production with high current three phase disconnects, the other day I was in an arena with 1600amps per leg... thats a lot of power for one show..

Anyways, why your DMM only showed a number is because its a resistor, and the BEEP is for "DIODES" for oneway flow, also used to test connectivity

But you do use a resistor to lower voltage (or you can, because it resists the current which inturn lowers the voltage) just an FYI 330ohm will take 12v to aprox 30ohms - 3volts

VOLTAGE IS A PRODUCT OF ELECTRICAL CURRENT.

If you impede/resist the current, the voltage will be affected relatively.

hence what I said

"But you do use a resistor to lower voltage (or you can, because it resists the current which inturn lowers the voltage) "

hence what I said

"But you do use a resistor to lower voltage (or you can, because it resists the current which inturn lowers the voltage) "

I was't saying that voltage and current are the same thing. I was saying that if you resistance current, voltage drops and vice versa. I am ASE certified in Auto Electrical (as well as brakes and suspension), so I know the laws and equations.

hence what I said

I was't saying that voltage and current are the same thing. I was saying that if you resistance current, voltage drops and vice versa. I am ASE certified in Auto Electrical (as well as brakes and suspension), so I know the laws and equations.

Only one "Main" law... Ohms Law.. I fkn hate that circular chart.