AVIC411.com

Installing D3 in Lexus RX350

I was wondering if the D3 can be installed in a 2007-2009 Lexus RX350. I have one installed in my Toyota Matrix. I saw this post of someone that installed a Z1 in a Lexus RX330 (similar model) and it looks good. It seems to have the same spacers to the right and left of the radio like I am using in my Matrix.

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... ight=rx350

The factory nav is $2000 and Lexus has it locked so you cannot use the nav while driving. I may also consider buying a late model used RX350 and the ones I have been seeing do not have nav. I figure that if the D3 will fit that would save me money. Thanks for your help.

I don't beleive they make a kit for the rx350 so one would have to be fabricated. The other issue is odds are pretty good the vehicle will have a factory amp which may have to be bypassed if an integration harness is not availible. just some things to think about.

I don't beleive they make a kit for the rx350 so one would have to be fabricated. The other issue is odds are pretty good the vehicle will have a factory amp which may have to be bypassed if an integration harness is not availible. just some things to think about.

Actually they do make a double din kit for the Lexus RX350. It is actually for the JDM Toyota Harrier which is the equivelent vehicle to the RX350 in Japan. Now where to find one is the question since it is a Toyota of Japan part. Someone that has installed an aftermarket double din radio in an RX that was on a Lexus owner's website said he found one on Ebay. Probably don't come up very often I bet.

If you really want to get technical that's not a dash kit. That's a new bezel. But it's all semantics :D . At anyrate, at least the jdm dash will make the install a fair bit easier for you then. Could always try hitting a toyota dealer. See if they can or will help you out. I've gotten a few jdm parts for my car through the mitsu dealer.

I was wondering if the D3 can be installed in a 2007-2009 Lexus RX350. I have one installed in my Toyota Matrix. I saw this post of someone that installed a Z1 in a Lexus RX330 (similar model) and it looks good. It seems to have the same spacers to the right and left of the radio like I am using in my Matrix.

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... ight=rx350

The factory nav is $2000 and Lexus has it locked so you cannot use the nav while driving. I may also consider buying a late model used RX350 and the ones I have been seeing do not have nav. I figure that if the D3 will fit that would save me money. Thanks for your help.

Question, do you have the mark Levinson system in your Lexus? If so, you can do a mod so that the DVD player will play movies while driving and have full control of the factory nav while driving. My Friend has a LS 460 and he is able to control the factory nav and watch video while driving. Also, his Mark Levinson system can pretty much do everything the D3 or Z1 can do. It has blue tooth, Ipod connectivity, and a hard drive for music.