AVIC411.com

Hi All,

I just installed my N4 in a BMW e46 (323Ci), I have audio coming from the radio but no audio from DVD/CD. I have done some research and conclusion is that the blue/white wire from the RCA cable unit needs to be plugged in to the power antenna (blue wire) of the car's wire harness.

Is this correct ? just want to confirm before I go ahead and make the change as I was reading the installation guide and it says the blue/white wire should not be connected to auto antenna which is the same as the power antenna. any advice or help is much appreciated.

Thanks

I just tried it out and everything works GREAT !!

Thanks for your help :P

Another dumb question regarding the GPS navi mode, when we insert the DVD does it automatically store the data or do we have to tell the unit to store it. I tried reading the owner's manual and it was not of much help. I live in Calgary Canada so as soon I remove the map DVD it scales out completely just displaying the city. Is there a way to store the map location ?

Thanks in advance again.

• 6 months later...

Hi,

I just moved from Calgary and I know what you're taking about.

Since this is an old post I'm assuming you might have already found this out. For the map to display a closer view of the area that you're in, all you need to do is plan a trip with the address search and it will start saving the zoomed in view into memory. You don't have to finish your trip but you do need to wait until it's finished loading. Once it has loaded your trip you then can eject the nav disk.

Btw, has your unit fully synchronized? If so, how many kms did it take?

Thanks,