AVIC411.com

Newbie to Forum with a thanks to everyone here.

Hey everyone, I wanted to say thanks to the hundreds of threads I read here about the D3. About two months ago I saw the D3 on ranger-forums.com and decided I would like that in my wife's minivan. I had already installed a Cheap-o Pyle overhead DVD player 10.1" a year ago.

Well I did my research on this site not having to ask much because all my answers were here (I'm not sucking up) and I found a lot of wiring and dash removal info at the kia support site to tie into the VSS, parking light, reverse light, and Antenna Booster.

I finally ordered it two weeks ago and then found out about 86th street photo video. and went into a panic calling them. while they were very un professional on the phone and with other methods such as billing invoice and e-mails. I got my avic d3 two days later. and installed it that night. I could not find a dash kit for the Kia Sedona so I fabricated a lot of stuff to mount it all. I wired the bypass and all other sensor wires and put the GPS receiver on the dash where noone hardly notices.

I wired the monitor out to the Pyle av input and the pyle audio out to the AV1 input on the D3 so I can leave the map disc in and the kids can still watch a DVD listening thround the Car speakers. then slid it in and put the dash together again.

I turned it on and the bypass was not working, no Video out or audio in. when I would start moving, Nav was disabled and video disabled. so I went to bed and slept on it knowing it was wired right.. I was very thorough on this site.... took the dash apart again in the morning and for some reason the harness with AV and mute wire relocation wasn't plugged in - the reason being me. I plugged it in and PRESTO! it is perfect!

Thanks for the bypass info, Antenna booster thingy, and all the other info from this site!

here's a link to my flickr account for the photos

http://www.flickr.com/photos/billytatum/tags/kia/

Billy Tatum

post-15496-12872753640856_thumb.jpg

post-15496-12872753644768_thumb.jpg

Yes, I can play the DVD on the D3 and watch it on both screen... or Program a route, stick the DVD in the D3 and view the map while the DVD is played to the rear screen.... OR because the rear screen is also a DVD player, I can leave the Navi DVD in the D3 and watch a DVD in the rear with the audio fed to the AV 1 input on the D3

I like options.

Billy

and sorry about the pics.. I thought they'd resize on their own. now I know.