AVIC411.com

What do I need to do to get the voice dialing feature to work on my D3? I have the btb-200 in a D3 using a BB pearl 8130 through verizon wireless.... The feature seems to be working, but the voice prompts are not coming through the car's speakers which basicially makes it useless.....Any help would be appreciated...Thanks!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Edited to answer the first question: My voice prompts don't work through the BTB unit either.

I have a Pearl with ATT service. I've had it for about a year and my first one had to have updated software installed, but my second Pearl came with the update - if you buy from Ebay, just know that you may get a first gen phone and will have to find and figure out how to update the software. My current software is V4.2.1.96 and that definitely works with the BTB unit.

The phonebook will synch with the BTB200, but I find the phonebook interface kind of cumbersome to search. I keep the phone plugged into power in my center console (because BT kills the battery) where it is easily accessible for me to pick up and quickly find a number; hitting send from the phone will still send the call through the BTB200. I find it much faster, safer and easier to use the actual phone to search and/or dial phone numbers than to use the D3 touch screen. Incoming calls are easier, the number shows up on the D3 and you can either accept or decline the call. All in all, I would highly recommend the BTB unit and do like the Pearl a lot too. Hope this helps.