AVIC411.com

Speed sensor issues with N3

Hellp all I have an 01 Xterra with an N3. I have had this for almost 1/2 a year and everythign is going well. Utnil today. While out of town my Xterra's speedometer suddenly went and stayed at 0. The odometer is no longer addign milage either. And my N3 is now all wacky with the direction my X is on the nav screen. After doing some research and checking the wires I found that the problem may be related to the speed sensor in the speedo being dead. does anyone know if this would be the culprit of the problem that I am having? Also, my xterra apparently has 2 speed sensors one in the transmission area and one at the speedometer.

much help would be apprreciated.

my 2 cents... your N3 is definetly not the problem, it is only going to do what your vehicle tells it to (speed signal). Speed signal on the N3 is an input not an output, so dont let a mechanic tell you it caust you speed sense signals to go bad. check obvious things.. fuses, circuit breakers etcetc. if not have it serviced...its your vehicle not your N3. sorry i dont have any tech. help for your nissan xterra. i did check a couple of sights that say you can tap your N3 s.s. wire to a dk grn/bk at the ECM (below the heater box, to the right of the accelerator) good luck

THanks for your help. Found out it's my Speed sensor causing the problem. actually an easy fix DIY. Part costed me $70 from dealer (bc I couldnt get it anywhere else) and labor is just me. Mechanic wanted to charge me 2 hrs of labor and about a week to get the part. dealer had it for me in 2 days. So thanks for your help anyway.