AVIC411.com

Z2 bypass troubles...

I've read them all, I know what to check but I'm doing something wrong.

I removed the cellphone mute wire by lifting up the tang and inserted it into connector 2, lowest right hole I then simply spliced the green parking brake wire into the mute wire and grounded the mute wire to my dash. I put everything together and drove the truck around the block and it stopped working. So I figured I'd messed up connector 2 somehow, I slightly tugged on it and it moved slightly so I put a dab of super glue but no dice, it still gives me a warning that my parking brake wire isn't hooked up correctly and locks me out. BUT in the connection status it says parking brake is engaged?! I've searched and searched but no one seems to have this problem, what should I try next? Do you think it could be because I spliced the parking brake and mute wire together?

Or should I run the update? I already burned the CD and tried but when I insert it and press the 'map' button I have no option to update my Z2

I forgot to add, thanks to everyones help my z2 performs flawlessly except for this! So thanks for everything!

Ok I figure that my problem has to be in the update (or lack thereof) because I went ahead and grounded the cable to the negative cable on the Z2 harness at the suggestion in one of my searches. I checked my CD (copied to computer) and it works, but when I insert it in my Z2 and press map nothing happens, it just switches between the map screens.

I checked my CD (copied to computer) and it works, but when I insert it in my Z2 and press map nothing happens

I apologize if I'm stepping on toes here, but I want to make sure we don't skip any of the basics. The two most common causes for this are failing to finalize the disc, and failing to burn the ISO correctly.

1) Finalize the disc.

Most computers that can burn multi-session discs can also READ multi-session discs. This can throw you off, thinking it works when in face the Z2 won't read it. Confirm you see some sort of "close disc", "finalize disc", or "prevent future writing" setting in the burning software you're using. Oh, you can't use Windows XP's built in burning software either.

2) Assuming the disc is finalized, my hunch is the you're burning the image FILE onto the disc rather than the CONTENTS of the image. Check what's on the disc. You SHOULD see:

D:\CONF\...

D:\Renewal\...

D:\SDATA\...

D:\DISCINFO.txt

D:\DISKID.DAT

If you see just one file, you've done it wrong. Use ISO Recorder to burn the image to the disc as an image.

http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/isorecorder.htm

Ok, I checked both and it is recorded perfectly, I insert it (I made a new one in case) and once I see CD inserted I press map and nothing....

All I can think of is perhaps the system thinks the update has already been applied, or there is something wrong with your files.

There is a newer, cumulative update available from Pioneer (dubbed the "freezing update") that includes both the bypass-enabling files/update as well as a patch to prevent freezing. Maybe you'll have better luck with this update.

More info and download:

AVIC-Z1 and Z2 Firmware Update Download

Notice about AVIC-Z1 and Z2 Firmware Update for Lock-up and Freezing Issue.

Good luck!