AVIC411.com

AVIC-5201NEX New SD Card Image

Hello,

I purchased a new sd card and would like to back it up before I insert it into my head unit.  Windows does not seem to recognize it when using my internal sd card reader and when booting into linux the OS doesnt have the correct drivers to even utilize my internal sd card reader....  Is there a way to accomplish this on Windows?  I am very tech savvy, just do not know a ton about all the ins and outs of what Pioneer has going on with these stupid sd cards.  If it would register in windows I would be able to easily create a .img file but that is the part I am confused on why it wont show up at all.  Any help appreciated.

If someone can help me, I am willing to upload it somewhere so that others can use the image too so we can all avoid paying the highway robbery prices for something that should be available as a download from Pioneer in the first place!

Thanks.

When I received my new sd card, I used Linux Mint with an external card reader that plugged into a usb port to create an image file that I then put that image on a Sandisk 16gb card. Windows will not read that card because it is an android program. Now I suppose you could get some program for Windows to read that card but I am no computer guru so I don’t know Linux Mint work great for me. 

Ok....this is frustrating.  I made a bootable usb drive and loaded linux mint on it, boots up fine and recognizes various other cards form cameras etc. but not the stupid android formatted pioneer one.  How on earth have you guys made copies of these cards!!!???