AVIC411.com

Hack not working

OK i have done the mod to my D3 and every time i get done with it works like a champ when test it. but then later when i go to utilize the hack whether it be play a movie while driving or use all of the features of the GPS or blue tooth it's like the hack isn't working. I did have the VSS and the parking brake grounded too the same bolt and the mute wire grounded t the black ground wire on the side of the head unit. so i have moved the vss wire to my vss from behind my gauges. and i was hoping to hook the mod up to a led switch so I was wondering how you configure it for the three prong which is supply volts/on acc/grnd? not sure since i a trying to send a ground signal to the head unit? if it works will i still get the improper brake connection prompt when i turn the unit on?

Thanks

MULE

First off, you DO NOT ground the VSS wire. You connect it to the vehicle's VSS signal wire, and that's it. Then you relocate the mute wire on the D3's wiring harness to the open slot above it. Then you ground the mute wire and parking brake wire to a bolt on the body somewhere. After doing that, it will work correctly.