AVIC411.com

Did I install it right?

I have the power wire to the harness power wire, and illumination, to ill from the harness,

and now this is what happens, as soon as i turn on my vehicle, to on postition, my navigation power up. so there is no switch or anything to power it down, it always come on regardless, and goes to maps, so everytime you turn on your vehicles, it boots up, is that how it is?

and yes illumination works when your turn on light at night, it does go to night maps screen.

but one things i have a question about is, that the car dimmer, when you try to dim the lights for the vehicle, everything dims, the whole console, but the navigation unit, is it not connected properly? i though the dim wire will work, as you move you dim dial in your vehicle, it should dim the dash lights, as well as your navigation unit lights?

please advise, thanks

as far as which screen it shows when it boots...that depends which unit.

your illumination wire is connected to your parking lights or headlights. which will control your avic. if you want to be able to dim the avic your illum. wire should be connected to the +12v dimmer wire at the switch. again depending on which unit it may not dim, just on/off.

it is avic-z2, the ill is connected to the ill or the harness, and power is power, and dimmer is dimmer for the harness. i believe ill is connected to parking lights, which works as you turn on ur parking light, but the dimmer does, and

as i mentioned, there is no on/off of the unit, so it power up always as you turn on your vehicles, it says poineer navigation is booting up, and it goes to the prevoius state when you turned off your vehicle, like if you had it to playing songs, it will go to that, if you was wathcing movies/dvd, it will go to that, maps then it will go to maps as after it boots up.

i like to find out, if there is any power button of something like the normal car stereo has, or that is normal, cuz i go in and out from my vehicle a lot, and everytime it boots up, and so on, i dont want it to go bad on me already.... thanks

but one things i have a question about is, that the car dimmer, when you try to dim the lights for the vehicle, everything dims, the whole console, but the navigation unit, is it not connected properly? i though the dim wire will work, as you move you dim dial in your vehicle, it should dim the dash lights, as well as your navigation unit lights?

Your unit is working as designed. It does NOT fade as you adjust the brightness of your internal dash-board illumination; it is either dim or not dim. If it is too bright or too dim while you are in "headlights-on" mode, you can hit the V button on the face to adjust the brightness. It will remember this change moving forward when you use your headlights.

as i mentioned, there is no on/off of the unit, so it power up always as you turn on your vehicles, it says poineer navigation is booting up, and it goes to the prevoius state when you turned off your vehicle, like if you had it to playing songs, it will go to that, if you was wathcing movies/dvd, it will go to that, maps then it will go to maps as after it boots up. ... i like to find out, if there is any power button of something like the normal car stereo has, or that is normal, cuz i go in and out from my vehicle a lot, and everytime it boots up, and so on, i dont want it to go bad on me already

The AVIC-Z1/Z2 does not have a power button. This is addressed in the Operation manual:

AVIC-Z2_nopowerbutton.jpg

The mentioned "stand-by" just turns off the screen.

If it's silence you're looking for, you can hold down the A/V button to turn the source input to "off" (or go through the source selection menu and select off - same thing). It doesn't actually turn off the AVIC-Z1/Z2, but it does turn off the radio/ipod/cd/whatever...

That answer most of my question, and thanks again.

as for the dimming, i wasnt talking about the screen, i was talking about the buttons that are blue in light, those dont dim, that is all.

i though when you dim your dash light with the dimmer, those button will dim too.

power on/off i got my answer from you, and thanks.