AVIC411.com

PLEASE HELP!!

I would like to say that first off this site is a GREAT IDEA!!! I have a 2007 Lincoln MKX with navigation. I know that it has a Pioneer Manufactured HU. I have been searching for hours for some info on where i can customize it. I realize that this site is dedicated to the AVIC's that are non oem. Is there anyone that can tell me where i can get the info for my MKX. Thanks for any help!!!

Most OEM nav systems are not cusomizable. They were built with EVERYONE in mind, including the 40 year old Soccer Mom that has little to no technical capabilities. Imagine if she started customizing that thing and got lost and then her dealer were to charge 100 bucks or so to fix it? How would that go over? (Not too well.) I know it may be built by Pioneer, but due to the lack of add on options, lack of Nav features, and overall just "plain" looks, well, it's just not the same.

Now, as a shop Manager, I will answer this (in case you were wondering.) If you were to bring your vehicle to my shop and ask me to customize it for you (by hacking the software, or worse, the hardware) just to have a startup picture (or whatever you were looking for) I would direct you to my display board and show you how you COULD have spent the exrta 2 grand had you done some research before you bought your car. If you bought your car used, then please forgive my rant.

I would recommend asking this on a Lincoln forum because this is closer to a OEM interior parts question.

http://www.lincolnforums.com/forums/ind ... owforum=49

What is the units model #? If it is a basically a AVIC with special software for Lincoln there may be some stuff for you. Our Legacy has an OEM navi by Kenwood in it. On the Subaru forums people were adding parts that were made for the aftermarket system and it worked. The OEM system was a standard kenwood aftermarket unit with Subaru specific software on it.

I would recommend asking this on a Lincoln forum because this is closer to a OEM interior parts question.

http://www.lincolnforums.com/forums/ind ... owforum=49

What is the units model #? If it is a basically a AVIC with special software for Lincoln there may be some stuff for you. Our Legacy has an OEM navi by Kenwood in it. On the Subaru forums people were adding parts that were made for the aftermarket system and it worked. The OEM system was a standard kenwood aftermarket unit with Subaru specific software on it.

Its an AVIC-XD1xxxxx. The last 5 x's indicate the different car model (Ford, Lincoln, Mercury). But the HU is the same o all the vehicles that have this type of Nav. It is definatley software that was made specifaclly for the car with pioneer hardware. I was hoping that you would say that about the software. I'll keep checking the Lincoln forums.

Thank You.