AVIC411.com

Last week I noticed that I was getting sound only from the right side speakers. I thought maybe one of the RCA connectors had pulled apart. I pulled the head unit and everything was still together. I called Crutchfield and the tech said that I needed to reset the unit by connecting it with the ignition switch off and then cycling the switch 3 times. It worked. That was Monday night, it is Wednesday morning and it is doing it again. What am I missing. The truck is a 2007 Silverado with Bose and Onstar. I am using the GMOS-04.

OK, here is an update. I was doing a search here earlier and found an issue someone had with their D1 and it was the left side like mine. It happened when they were listening to XM. At lunch I tried it, and it is the same with mine. I get right side only when listening to XM. Regular radio and IPOD work like they should.

Here is the link to the other guys problem. It doesn't look like it got solved.

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic. ... ht=balance

I have it fixed. I called Crutchfield and they said they would send me a new digital adaptor and XM module. I swapped out the adaptor first because it was the easiest. That didn't do anything. I changed out the XM module and it still wasn't working. I had already swapped the RCA cable out and it did nothing. Next I tried the cable that goes from the Blue Tooth module to the XM module, BINGO, I have sound on the right and left side. I got it all put back together now. My D3 is 100% functional now. I even got a new cell phone that would load my address book to the D3.