AVIC411.com

intermittant sub problem

I just had the D3 installed,everything working fine, then after the car sat a few hours the Sub was not firing while listening to the Ipod, I didn't disconnect the Ipod just turned the car off and when restarted it this problem occured. I switched to tuner and the sub was working again, switched back to Ipod and all was well! Now this has happened twice, but it was fine again this morning. Is there a problem leaving the Ipod plugged in all the time? Thanks

There's no problem with the ipod being plugged in all the time. Mine's been hooked up in my glove box constantly for at least four months now.

Maybe your sub amp is overheating or has a bad connection??

Or possibly you used the D3's power antenna lead as the amp turn on switch by accident? Try switching that from radio to power:

AV Settings > System > Auto Ant > Power

I'll check on the wiring, I had it installed but I need to remove it to do the override anyway. The odd thing was just switching to radio and back to Ipod had the sub come back on, and this morning everything is fine again! Maybe was just a glitch loading from the Ipod, time will tell. Thanks for the advice!