AVIC411.com

Sound Quality on PIO AVICD3

I got this navi(Pioneer In-Dash Navigation/DVD Player Model #: PIO AVICD3)installed on the my 2004 GMC Denali and the sound quality is horrible. It sounds fine at first then start shifting sound from the front of the car to the back of the car. It sounds like someone is lowering the volume in the front then the back and vice cersa and continues to do it as long as the radio is on..It's very annoying. I took it back to Circuit City several times and they can't seem to figure out what's wrong with it. I also had a DVD system which no longer works. Has anyone experienced this problem that can help me??

Everything in the truck is factory..Bose speaker system as well as the DVD player.

thers ur problem! bose sux! i remeber newer caddys and denalis and hummers dont have fade after hooking up aftermarket stuff. the factory deck controls it through databus or something. your caddy sounds like it may have what im thinking of.

if im correct then the installer shouldnt have even hooked up the rear rca's. so fading to the rear would cut every thing out instead of sound continueing to play through the rears. or whatever wierd problems you said (i couldnt understand it, are you saying its fading on its own? rapidly?) do the frontspeakers actually shut off or get very quiet compared to the rears?

as far as your overhead thats a whole nother can of worms

if you want more help please list the "parts" used to install the d3. like the bose adapter model # or onstar interface # it should say on your reciept and it will cost about 100+

Hmm.

I've heard the SQ of the AVIC isn't the greatest, but I usually counter that with the "the car is not a great soundstage" comment.

But, from what you have said, I suspect that your problem lies in the Bose setup. Bose sometimes uses oddball configurations for their factory setups.

Case-in-point: our 01 Miata has a Bose setup. It runs at 0.5 ohm, and has some wierd EQ bs happening in the Bose amps.

So, I'd check to make sure the installer used the proper harness/converter for your vehicle, and did not just t-tap the factory one.

If they did use the right parts, I'd think hard about doing a "Bosectomy".

So, is that a statement or a question?

I've seen the Bose setup in the newer GM twins. They appear to be what I would consider an installer's nightmare.

Anywho, I'd have questions for this guy's installer about how he put the unit in.

And yes, the 0.5ohm setup is ridiculous. Best option for our car is Bosectomy. Won't bother with it until the speakers give way.