AVIC411.com

AVIC D3 - Power Stays On Runs Battery Dead, XM Question

Howdy all.

My wife has an AVIC D3 installed in her Acadia. It was installed at Tweeter, so I haven't had a single hand on a wire.

A few nights ago it started staying on after we opened the door. We could open the door again, and it would shut off, or so it seemed.

This morning, the battery was dead, and we really think it was the AVIC. I have seen a few comments for this responded to as "wiring" issues, and that is probably what it is. But just wanted to make sure there weren't any other issues that caused this.

And the XM question, every few minutes (seconds sometimes) we get a notice while playing XM "XM Preview is playing on channel XXX, would you like to go there?" And it has a touch box, yes, no. HOW DO YOU DISABLE THIS FUNCTION?? :x

Thanks for your assistance.

tb

I don't have any help for the first Q...but it may be related to an improper GMOS-LAN connection. For the GMC, you likely needed a $100+ adapter to keep your door chimes, RAP (power until doors are opened after car is off), and OnStar...like I do in my 2006 Impala SS. I bet it's related to that connection, somehow. I say take it back and have the installer look over those connections again.

Also, while I don't yet have this installed, or have ever used it for that matter, the XM issue seems to be a song title stored in memory letting you know that it's playing (again, and again). B/c XM Preview never changes, it will ALWAYS give you that error until you delete it from your memory. How? IDK...again, i won't have the D3 in hand and installed til next week sometime.

Just downloaded the manual. It's called "MyMix" and on Pg. 94 it tells you how to access these song names.

Go to "Memo" in the function menu;

Press the song title for 2 seconds or more...in this case, likely "XM Preview"

It might ask you if you want to "delete all"...press the appropriate key.