AVIC411.com

Avic-Z2 - Two phones paired via Bluetooth?

I have an Avic-Z1 -> Z2 in my car. Had it for a long time, but during the Z1 -> Z2 upgrade I also added the Bluetooth adapter (since I had to add the two wire in the process).

The issue I have is that with two phones paired, only one phone will connect to it. If I want the other phone to connect I have to manually select it from the list. And then back again for the other one. I would expect it to search the phones in order of priority and pair with the first one it finds.

Does anyone have any ideas, or a quick way to switch between which phone is paired? I would like my wife to be able to drive the car, and have it pair with her phone automatically if I'm not in the car as well.

Help???

TIA.

You can only have one phone paired at a time. It will look to autoconnect with the phone you have registered to position 1 first.

There isn't really a faster way to switch phones than doing it manually on the screen. OEM systems require you to do it the same way when more than one phone is in the car

There isn't really a faster way to switch phones than doing it manually on the screen. OEM systems require you to do it the same way when more than one phone is in the car

Actually, our Acura's do a very admirable job of pairing. If they pick up both phones, it pairs with the last one it had. If it just sees one phone, it will pick up that one regardless of which one it last had. It's seamless. And to switch phones, I have the horribly complex task of hitting the voice button and saying "next phone"...and it asks you what phone you want to pair with and hooks up with it. You never hit a single button on the screens, menu, or phone to make a change.

Guess I should've said most OEM systems. I have used a number that are just like ours, and require going into a menu system to switch phones when more than one are in the car

Actually, our Acura's do a very admirable job of pairing. If they pick up both phones, it pairs with the last one it had. If it just sees one phone, it will pick up that one regardless of which one it last had. It's seamless. And to switch phones, I have the horribly complex task of hitting the voice button and saying "next phone"...and it asks you what phone you want to pair with and hooks up with it. You never hit a single button on the screens, menu, or phone to make a change.

I fully understand about how the system can only pair with one phone at a time, that makes total sense. And even when there are two phones present, but where there are two registered, and only one present. It will refuse to connect to the one that is not primary.

Whats the point of having two then? ;)

-Jeff

• 2 weeks later...

I have 3 cars - two with oem bluetooth, one the avic z2. They all work the same. They and the avic will search for both phones but seem to always pair with the last paired phone. If I simply turn off that phone (turn bluetooth off) the systems (avic included) will then connect to the second phone (in a minute or two). I then turn the first phone back on.

The avic does seem to get hung up (but not locked-up) when you manually try to switch between bluetooth pairings. It will do it; but, seems to act finicky before it all happens.... so if want to switch, I just turn the unwanted phone off and wait.

If I am in a hurry, I place the call (minus the bluetooth).

Ironically, I have never tried to manually switch pairings on the OEM systems.