AVIC411.com

Phone P1-6 Numbers?

sure is.

right on that screen there is button that reads "Name/Number".

toggling through that button will switch your presets from name to number display

I've figured out how to switch back and forth between name and number but the name is always "no name". How do I rename this?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
you cant rename it.

in order for you preset to show a name, that number must be saved in the btb internal phonebook which you should have uploaded from your phone.

if you dont it wont ever show a name because that name and number is not saved in your phonebook.

So, does this mean if I can't transfer my cell address book into the D3, I can't name my presets?

My current phone, Motorola V557, doesn't transfer my address book to the D3 (or at least I haven't found a way). I added a number to the preset through the dialed call log. I can't name it?

Also, is there another way to add to the presets besides going through the log?

I have three motorolas that all send contacts fine. If for whatever reason you can't send them over, you will not be able to name them on the D3

So, does this mean if I can't transfer my cell address book into the D3, I can't name my presets?

My current phone, Motorola V557, doesn't transfer my address book to the D3 (or at least I haven't found a way). I added a number to the preset through the dialed call log. I can't name it?

I have three motorolas that all send contacts fine. If for whatever reason you can't send them over, you will not be able to name them on the D3

Any hints on sending them. I have a Motorola V557. When I go to copy the contacts the only options I get are Phone Memory and SIM. Is there another way to do this?

Don't use copy, all that does is select whether you have your phone numbers stored on the sim card or the phone.

Try selecting each contact, hit options, and you should have an option that says something like send contact, or share address book entry, or send v-card. Its different for each carrier so you may have to read the manual of your phone to check

theres is another way...

from the direct dial screen, dial the number you wanna save

then press add/store/save, or something to that affect,...

then it will sned you back to the p1-p6 screen.

on the top strip of the screen should be the number you just input.

just touch and keep you finger on the preset you want and it will save it.

you cant rename it.

in order for you preset to show a name, that number must be saved in the btb internal phonebook which you should have uploaded from your phone.

if you dont it wont ever show a name because that name and number is not saved in your phonebook.

Found it. Thanks Whtcrxghst. I missed it, it's at the bottom of the page (I didn't scroll enough, Doh), Share Phonebook entry. Sorry, I look harder next time. The phone's manual doesn't say crap about any of this, believe me, I looked.

Mrgoodbar67, thanks also. I didn't know that method. I'm usually pretty good at figuring things out. But, not this time.

I'm happy.