AVIC411.com

PCS Vision Smart Device PPC-6700 with the blue tooth kit...

I know smartphones might not work with the bluetooth kit, but I currently have a Treo 600 and I wanna upgrade to a bluetooth phone...I was thinking about the Treo 700p, but someone on this forum said it doesn't show the correct caller id when calls are received.

any suggestions? Sprint wise.
Sorry, I meant Pioneer not Sprint....Here is their e-mail to me......

Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:39 am Post subject: Treo Compatability issues

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the response Pioneer sent to me when I emailed them asking about compatability issues with the ND-BT1 and the Sprint Treo-650;

Dear Consumer;

Unfortunately, PDA phones are not compatible with our unit and adaptor. It tries to recognize it as a Bluetooth device, but cannot sustain a connection.

Thank You,

Deborah
Customer Service Representative
Pioneer Electronics
I've got the PPC-6700 and it works perfectly with the BT Setup for the Z1. You can transfer contacts to the radio also but you can only do it one contact at a time. Other than that everything works fine. The only issue is sometimes it takes about 3-5 minutes for the phone and radio to pair up other than that they work great. You can always manually pair them up if you are in a hurry though.
[quote name="silverr1"]I've got the PPC-6700 and it works perfectly with the BT Setup for the Z1. You can transfer contacts to the radio also but you can only do it one contact at a time. Other than that everything works fine. The only issue is sometimes it takes about 3-5 minutes for the phone and radio to pair up other than that they work great. You can always manually pair them up if you are in a hurry though.[/quote]

does it display the correctly caller id? that has been a problem with the treo 650. I'm just wondering if it's a problem with the PPC-6700.

on a side note: how do you like the PPC-6700? I mean one thing that bothers me it doesn't have the normal 'voice calling'. Correct?
I like it. It works great paired with the z1. As far as caller ID goes. If you have the number in the Z1 phone book the name will show, if not then just the number which is fine for me.

Not really clear on what you mean by normal voice calling. Please elaborate.

Sorry for the late response.
[quote name="silverr1"]I like it. It works great paired with the z1. As far as caller ID goes. If you have the number in the Z1 phone book the name will show, if not then just the number which is fine for me.

Not really clear on what you mean by normal voice calling. Please elaborate.

Sorry for the late response.[/quote]

What I mean is you can't say 'call john smith' on your phone...it doesn't have voice recognition....but, you can assign voice prompts or something to a phone number and call that way, correct? Just talking about the phone here.