AVIC411.com

Avic D3 Wiring Questions 2006 Mustang GT (Shaker 1000)

Hey all, I just bought a brand new Pioneer Avic D3 for my car and am doing the install myself. This is my first radio install, and have a few questions about the wiring harness'. I soldered all the wires from the pioneer harness to the metra harness and did the bypass mod that I found on this site also. My question is, I have a blue wire left on both the pioneer and metra harness and know they are for antenna control. Do I need to solder these together, or is this for a power antenna? Also, on one of the pioneer harness', there are a bunch of rca jacks. I plugged my metra harness for the subs into the pioneer sub output rca's. What about the rear output, front output, audio input, video input, and the rear monitor output rca's? Are some of these plug ins behind the radio in the dash? I take it the video input is if I hook up a game system or what not, and the rear monitor output is if I had a rear view camera. Thanks for any help that you can give me.

Yeah, the blue antenna wire on the D3 goes to the blue antenna wire on the harness.

And those front and rear RCA outputs aren't in use if you aren't installing an amplifier for your stereo speakers.

Also, if you hit the search link up there, type "mustang shaker" in the text box, check the "search for ALL terms" option, and hit search, there's a couple of topics about installing the D3 in your car that might help you out.

Thanks for the answers. There is a solid blue wire on the pioneer harness that has a tag on it that says antenna control, I didn't know if I needed to hook this up or not. I don't want to screw my new hu up by connecting something that doesnt need to be connected.

Also, I tried the search function, but the search feature on this forum is junk!! Everytime I hit the back button, it tells me my connection timed out, then I have to re type everything over and over and over again.

I found some write ups on multiple mustang forums, but they didn't show all the wires soldered and what to do with the rca's. Thanks for all the info.