AVIC411.com

The D3 in my '06 Impala SS

Well, I got the XM and BT installed...the SWC's should go in tonight (just got them). I've been "makin it mine" over the last couple days...making sure I'm able to utilize all of the features.

I toyed with the BT module and now have my phonebook entries transferred into the BT memory. I've got (6) two-touch, on-screen dialing presets on the main screen, and some 40 or so more in the phonebook just a couple buttons away. As we all know, the voice-dial prompts don't work as pioneer says they should/could, but if you can touch a couple buttons on the screen, you don't need to pick up the phone at all. I get in the car and it automatically connects, and when I shut off the car, within 5-10 seconds it's back to normal.

Also, I figured out how to play the mp3's from my phone via BT with on-screen controls. Pretty sweet. It was a PITA to get started, but now I've got it down. There is no on-screen song title/artist info, but you can pause, play, stop, FF/RW, and skip to the next and previous songs.

All in all, I don't think I could be happier with the unit and how well everything went together for me. Thanks to everyone on the forum for their input with any questions I might have had.

OK, some pics:

All my sources (although I don't actually have XM NavTraffic, as it suggests):

IMG_5188.jpg

AM Presets - as you can see I listen to a lot of WGR550 Sports radio :lol:

IMG_5171.jpg

XM Presets:

IMG_5174.jpg

XM Detail Display:

IMG_5178.jpg

BlueTooth Handsfree screen:

IMG_5179.jpg

BlueTooth Handsfree mic location:

IMG_5170.jpg

BlueTooth Audio Screen shots:

IMG_5190.jpg

IMG_5183.jpg

If anyone has any questions regarding the install of the unit in a similar vehicle, or regarding getting the Audio files to play via BT from a RAZR V3xx, feel free to send me a PM.

-Chris

Yeah, I LOVE my V1 :D

hey do you have a picture of your whole dash? i wanna see how it looks with the d3 in there. i have an 04 SS and mine barely fit. had to cut out a plastic piece behind the radio, and i had to put all my wires behind my a/c controls to make it fit.

I'll try to get a pic of the entire dash a little later. In the '06, there is tons of room to the right and left of the HU opening, and more space below it behind the HVAC controls.

BTW, check out www.NAIOA.com A great resource/forum for w-body Impala owners.