AVIC411.com

why in the world did my nav stop working?

i just transfered my d3 from my sport trac to my f150 and the nav isn't working anymore.

the map comes up and etc and the miles and stuff butt no voice commands and its not telling me how far i've driven closer to my desination and etc.

and yes i got the correct disc in and the remote wire is in (antenna).

whats up?

make sure your gps antenna is recieving enough satellites to allow your nav to function. if it is... then check your speed pulses... assuming that you hooked up your vss. (the vss is not needed for the d3) but if the vss is pulsing and your truck is not moving that could throw the d3 out of wack. so with that i would unhook the vss and go without it.

if you didnt hook up your vss only thing i can think of would be to reset your unit by pressing the reset button on the top left corner of the screen with a pen or something pointy.

i have had a similar issue once before where the unit would not function the same way you are talking about... no nav voice guidance, no auto reroute, etc... i couldnt figure out the problem so i just swapped out the unit for another d3.

maybe this will help ya out :shock:

yup i finally wired up the vss and it was not reading the mph however it didn't work quite right! at times she'll give me guidance but she won't lower the music so she' talking over the music and it don't help.

i also had to reset the speed pulse and recalibrate it. i had it all calibrated for my other truck and not this one.

i also brought the antenna from the engine by to the top of the dash board.

32ValveFox,I see you have an 88 Mustang convert.;I have an 89 Mustang convert (unfortunately without the kick-a$$ swap you have!) My question is,when you mounted your system,did you go with a particular kind of double DIN face surround/mount,or did you throw something together,or what? I was able to fab some older brackets on the inside to hold it in place,and "created" a faceplate with some wood/vinyl just to make it pretty,but if there is a particular brand of dash kit or surround you used, I'd love to hear about it or where to get one from. Thanks,Chris