AVIC411.com

Like it has been said before, I am not sure if it's the Z2 that is having a problem. But I have the D-3 with no problems what so ever. My antenna is on the front bumper's metal frame. I receive at least 5 out of 7 sats nearly all the time. Even when I am in a five story garage and in the bottum level, I have at least 2 to 3 sats. I live in southeast Connecticut, could your location make a difference?

The only time that my d3 gets lost is when I travel in a parking lot that is right next to a road that is on the map. When I travel fast enough, 25mph is where I have the "back road" set on, the d3 thinks I am back on that road. But as soon as I actually get on that road, it adjusts itself with in a few seconds.

• 2 weeks later...

Derek, sounds like you have had changes to the set up on the Z navi. If, as an example, you had vss hooked up for a while, then it is disconnected, you will get the errors you are reporting. You can go into the menu and reset how it learns. What is happening is, if it was receiving data from a speed sensor wire, it will always look for that, and average it with other info, IE satelite etc. The only way to correct this, is to reset it up as a new install, so it no longer looks for that lead. Don't have my book here to tell you what menu, but as soon as I find it, I will post it.

Thanks for the info steve, that actually makes a lot of sense. Unfortunately however, I am locked out of all those options (vehicle moving or stopped). I think the installer did not properly insert that yellow mute wire into the empty slot. He is having it in again tomorrow, and I will be telling him to check again. The truck has been back in the shop 5 times with this install, I still don't have On-star working. And the install was done 6 weeks ago (been back every week since). So hopefully that mute wire will fix the problem, and allow me to do the reset-up. Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...