AVIC411.com

AVIC D3 To show same screen on TVs on headrest?

Ok, any help will be appreciated. So, i have an avic d3 with 2 tvs in the headrest. Is there anyway i can wire the avic to the headrest so that it shows on the headrest tvs exactly what its showing on the avic.? Because right now it only shows the blue screen on the headrest tvs. The only time it shows picture is when i put in a dvd. Like, is there anyway the navigation can show on the headrest tvs? Because i have videos on my ipod and when i play it, i want it to show on the headrest tvs also. Instead of just showing on the avic. Any help or adivce please. Thank you all.

And btw, I'm new to this forum. But i think its great.

cant do it.

the rear out only shows whats in the dvd drive. DVDs not NAV map, or menus etc...

if you want to show the vid from your ipod on your rear headrest screens your gonna have to feed the vid to them through rcas.

the n series and z series can do what you want...dual zone video.

nav etc in front and dvd movie etc in back

it's possible maybe with an internal bypass, it have been done in another brands, also it can be done finding the correct wiring on the MAIN LCD of the AVIC-D3, but you still need a converter for the video signal etc. I think never have been done because they don't want to sacrifice their AVIC-D3 for the experiment.

itsmethai,

I can tell you that my 5.5 generation ipod will display its video on the headrest screens through the D3, just like a DVD in the D3 will. I was using it that way yesterday. You will need to hook the headrest screens to the video output in the wire bundle behind the D3.

ct_mike

The D3 will only output VIDEO SOURCES (DVD drive, ipod, DVD changer, etc.) through to the rear monitor outputs. It will NOT send things like navigation display, interfaces/menus, and the like to it. That's all.