AVIC411.com

Ebay Buyer beware

Ebay seller zooquest is selling new Z1's for $620, not refurbished units, NEW!

Sounded like a great deal so I did my homework.

This seller during a months time will sell 700 items, all ending in dollar amounts from .50 cents to 15 dollars. At first glance zooquest looks like a good ebay seller with 99.1% feedback, not so.

What they are doing is this; zooquest will sell stereos, cameras, other electronics for over $600 claiming that the items are drop shipped from another location and it will take 3 weeks to ship the item. However they require immediate payment from paypal. So innocent buyers send their hard earned money to zooquest who then deposits their money into their paypal money market account. From there the money sits gaining interest for zooquest.

Three weeks to a month go buy and buyer becomes concerned about their item and emails zooquest for answers. Zooquest comes back with an appology and explains to the buyer that their vendor fell through or the shipment was damaged or whatever new excuse they can come up with before they offer a refund. Most people for some reason are sympathetic and roll over and leave zooquest positive feedback because they got all their money back. In the event that someone does leave them negative feedback, it doesn't really matter because for every negative he has over 100 positives so his ratings will never dip below 99%.

Problem with this is that it's not a scam, it's completely legal. So as ebay buyers we all need to be aware of this. I always tell myself that if it's too good to be true, well then it probably is. A brand new Z1 for over $200 less than anyone else on ebay? ya too good to be true.

You are right. I just got suckered in and bought his Avic Z1 for $609 with free shipping. Three days later, he sends me an email asking if I received anything, because he is having trouble with his drop shipper. I emailed him, and called and left a message asking for a refund. In 3 more days, I will file item not received with ebay and paypal. I am sure I will get the refund, as paypal guarantees this purchase for up to $2000. What a hassle. Now I have to search for another unit.

Yeah I almost gave in to this seller as well, but I read a post just like the first one above, somewhere else and I shyed away.

I ended up getting a refurbed Z1 from another ebay vendor that came recommended in a thread or two on this site. I paypal'ed on a thursday night and had it on monday.

Keep your eyes peeled and you can find a refurb for around $700. Funny thing is, I had resolved to getting the D3 because I was convinced I couldn't touch a Z1 for under $850. I made an offer on a D3 and ten minutes later found the Z1 for $55 more...I snatched it up :)

• 3 weeks later...

I fell for the zooquest crap. Had to get my money back from paypal. Is there a wy to find out where he or she is located. All I know so far is that he or she is in MO. I want to give them a peice of my mind. Its a hassel. I could of easily bought a refurbised unit for $709. But the time wasted fuciking around with zooquest I missed out. I went and bought a used one from off craigs list for $600. It was a good deal besides only coming with the wire harness. I spent $120 buying the mic both sets of rca cables and another wire harness because it was cut short. I think it was probaly stolen judging by the items missing and the condition of the wire harness. But alls well and avic is fine.