AVIC411.com

Avic anti-theft decoy faceplate [a template]

Will this trick the car thieves?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Will this trick the car thieves?

• Yes
    • No

Hello,

I am working with this decoy template. It is designed to simulate an empty harness with wires (like no radio in there at all). Cheaper option than the face off your factory radio.

Instructions:

Right click photo below and save it to your hard-drive. The full size is 8 x 10 inches. The decoy picture is the exact size of the double din opening (after trimming it with scissors).

Print the picture out as a 8 x 10 photo (matte finish preferable) you can do this at CVS or Walgreens for $3 dollars. Then trim to size. THis is enough to make 2 decoy faceplates.

I plan to attach the picture to a piece of manilla folder or other thin cardboard to create a back to the photo which makes it less flexible and sturdy. Perhaps I can also laminate it with contact paper for protection.

When you leave your car you just place this on top of the Avic-D3 to fool the thieves into thinking there is no radio in there at all.

I will post pictures in a few days of the final look. Let me know if this works for you.

post-16447-12872753844619_thumb.jpg