AVIC411.com

d3 bypass question..not a install one though

hi i went to a local car audio shop and was wondering how much they would install the d3 for..figuring it be a raping in the charges but they actually said it would cost no more than 125..50 dollars an hour for labor...anyways back to the thread..when i ask if they can bypass it for me they said they can but wont...they told me that it would void the warranty..which i knew but also said if u bypass it....i forgot what exactly they said but something about really messing up the d3 like frying the boards or something..i dont really care about the warranty but is it true if u bypass the d3 would it mess it up? kk thank you

Mine's been bypassed since before it was even powered up for the first time, and I have never seen smoke, and it works every morning, and greets me every evening. If they won't bypass it, find a shop that will, or have them do the initial install and use some help here and bypass it yourself.

not at all had mine installed 3 weeks ago and the bypass works perfect. i would look for another shop if you can. i bought my system off the internet and went to a local shop who is an authorized pioneer dealer for the install. i asked them to bypass it for the nav and they said no problem.

The bypass poses no danger to the unit at all. He's either trying to get you to offer him extra money to do it, or just plain doesn't want to do it. In either case I'd either do it myself or find somebody who is willing to do it.