AVIC411.com

some one know wich dvd player are used into the avic-d3 ????

For IFISI: By "model" i mean internal component. I dont beleive that pioneer build an "special dvd player" for the avic. I thinks that if i can get the info, is possible to change with an firmware the region code.

For Pierre92: Its look like you are French. Do you have an US Avic using in Europe?

For Installermarc: I buy these unit from USA and actually doenst work in Europe. If i sold on Ebay or whatever the buyer will have the same problem. I cant do, is not honest!!

For Impalacustom: All In Europe, these unit cost between 1100 and 1500 Euros. Excluded consideration about the dollar rate, that mean 1100 and 1500 USD. The custom fees import are only 14%. Sorry but its look like Pioneer Europe want to steal european users.

My AVIC is a US Version (The front panel shows XM Traffic). I am based in Paris.

Regarding the Region Code, I am afraid it is not applicable to the GPS map, as this is a DATA DVD, not a VIDEO DVD. The AVIC is looking into DVI.DAT before reading the data. As replacing the original DVI.DAT on the european Map by the US version works partially, it proves that Region Code should not help.

• 1 month later...

Okay, I have been reading and searching thrugh this forum and I have made some thoughts on some stuff by reding this..

1. The US people here are sick of people trying to get their US Avic D3 unit to work with euro maps. Lighten up.. we are sick of hearing that it does not work!

2. There has been some good steps made to be able to workaround this, since it is probably a software block not a hardware block.

3. The internal DVD player on the avic is probably produced by a "smaller" company. Matshita is a producer that has long experience with slot loading dvd units and have worked with pioneer before.. not sure about the pioneer units but there should be a serial if u open it up.

So my suggestions on this area is basicly

- Have anyone tried to flash the US unit with Euro firmware? I belive the internal harware is the same all over the globe and its basicly software differences. What kind of bootsystem is there on theese players?

-Keep up the Faith.. it should be fully doable to make a hack and an exec. program to jailbrake theese units to work in europe.. fuck.. I had my iphone for almost a year now in a country where its not launched.. no prob..

• 10 months later...

Well i'll give my 5cents. the DVD or CD units sometimes have a separate service manuals and are referred as "models", i don't have the d3 SM but in previous models there is no reference for region code changing, only states that /uc subfix hardware is for region 1 and /wc for 2. i suspect region coding is on firmware but i do not know any way to change the drive firmware. Only with a dedicated jig wich costs like the whole unit! Another option would be to swap the dvd unit from a region 2 model.