AVIC411.com

THE THING EVERYONE KNOWS EXCEPT ME.

• 2 weeks later...

The problem you are having is your Daytime Running lights are coming on, and thus outputing 12 to your dimmer wire on your Pioneer, which is putting it in night mode.

Couple of options.

1- disconnect it completely

2-Leave it connected, but put a toggle switch on it to "disconnect" it during the day

3- Try connecting the Dimmer wire from the ZX to the HEADLIGHT wire in the car, NOT the DIMMER/ILLUMINATION wire in the car.

The dimmer/ill wire is connected to the parking light circuit, which is connected to your daytime running light wire.

The headlight wire MIGHT be separate circuit, it depends on your vehicle.

SOME GM vehicles the daytime running lights, are a completely different light, and some they daytime lights are the headlights but at 1/2 power.

TO check... start your vehilce during the day when its bright outside.

get out, and look at the front of your vehicle... pay attention to what lights are on.

now go turn on your headlights, and see if its the same lights that were on before, only brighter, or a different set of lights completely.

IF they are different completely, simply connect you Dimmer wire from your ZX sieres, to the HEADLIGHT wire at the headlight Switch.

The Zx will only go into night mode when the actual headlights are on, instead of the parking lights

Good luck

Wolfz23

Add a photo relay in series. It will allow a signal to the AVIC only when daylight is insufficient. Many vehicles have this already and the AVIC remains in daylight mode even though the lights are on. Once I go into a tunnel, the AVIC switches to night mode and then back when I exit. The lights remain on at all times. The question is where to mount the photosensor, but that's not hard.