AVIC411.com

2003 expedition Avic D3 nav - vss and reverse wire

I am almost done with a pioneer avic d3 install in my 03 expedition. I have the wiring harness adapter and soldered it all up successfully. I tested it and it works.

The only think I have left is needing to hookup the separate vss (variable speed sensor or car speed signal input) and reverse gear signal input. If anyone can lead me to where this wire is and the color you would make my day.

Thanks

Speed Sense gray/black wiper motor or PCM

The PCM (Powertrain Control Module) is on the passenger side firewall. The VSS wire is in the plug closest to the fender, pin 13.

may also be at radio harness

Reverse Light black/pink + driver kick, harness to rear

Speed Sense gray/black wiper motor or PCM

The PCM (Powertrain Control Module) is on the passenger side firewall. The VSS wire is in the plug closest to the fender, pin 13.

may also be at radio harness

Reverse Light black/pink + driver kick, harness to rear

Anyone know if vss is indeed at the radio harness? Somewhere else I was seeing it mentioned gray/black but it was an f150 I believe. Not sure if it is on this 03 expedition

Also, I could really use a translation for the reverse wire. I got that it is black/pink. "driver kick"???

how could I forget about the old head unit??? The cracked part is what lead me to replace it in the first place. I was carrying some lumber in the expedition when I had to slam on the brakes and a piece slid right from the back over the console and straight into the radio :o . I am surprised that was all that happened. While I was pissed at the time I couldn't be happier now :D

The old face plate is now covering the avic d3.

post-16855-12872753887248_thumb.jpg

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I have installed the AVIC-F900BT in my 2003 Ford Expedition and I am having one problem finding the PCM/VSS wire. Does anyone have any pics of the the PCM/VSS. I have taken the Passenger side panel apart at least four times and still am not having any luck finding the gray/black stripe wire. I see the fuse box and above it a black box with three connectors gray/green/blue, but none of them have a grey/black stripe wire. Any help would really help me out. Please.