AVIC411.com

Ducatiboy flasher not working with new unit!

And the title of this post will have people emailing me for months about new unit problems or thinking their install error was due to a new Z1 or something. So thanks for that. If it's true, I'm all for everyone knowing about any problems, if it turns out to be installer error or a random failed circuit then the title of this post was not very nice.
Can you never use the emergency brake once you install the Ducati flasher? There are times (really you should always use your emergency brake and not just let the transmission do the work in park) when I want to pull up on the emergency brake when I park. Can I still do that and maintain functionality with the flasher? Can I do it if the installer does NOT connect the brake wire/cable?
[quote name="rapayn1"]Can you never use the emergency brake once you install the Ducati flasher? There are times (really you should always use your emergency brake and not just let the transmission do the work in park) when I want to pull up on the emergency brake when I park. Can I still do that and maintain functionality with the flasher? Can I do it if the installer does NOT connect the brake wire/cable?[/quote]

If the parking brake is connected correctly and you apply the parking brake, the lockouts will be back till you shut off the vehicle and disengage the parking brake and restart the vehicle. Sorry, it's just the way pioneer programmed the Z1. So if you want to use your parking brake and not have it effect the lockouts, just disconnect the parking brake wire and you can use the parking brake as much as you like and it will nave no effect.
[quote name="ducatiboy"]And the title of this post will have people emailing me for months about new unit problems or thinking their install error was due to a new Z1 or something. So thanks for that. If it's true, I'm all for everyone knowing about any problems, if it turns out to be installer error or a random failed circuit then the title of this post was not very nice.[/quote]
Why not ask Jason to edit the title? I'm sure that he'd be happy to prevent any harm that it might do.
Just to let you all know...I think the problem is with my Z1...NOT DUCATIBOY's FLASHER! I guess the choice of words in my post could have been better.

I new Z1 and flasher are on the way and will be installed by Wed. I will update this post with the results.

Sorry Ducatiboy for any negative unattended publicity. You are a great asset to this forum.
[quote name="eap0108"] I don't know what he did wrong the first 3 times or what he did right this time, but it worked. [/quote]

not to flame, but Geesh, 4 times to get it right. Thats scary, its not a hard install AT ALL. Were talking 4 wires and they are all color coded. ducatiboy couldent have made it simpler unless he flew out to your location to install it himself.