AVIC411.com

Recent Install Avic D3 in My Porsche 2000 Boxster

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me know how you like the nav side of the D3.I've heard some horror stories.Pick a familiar route you know then program the nav to find that same destination and see how accurate it is.I don't expect it to plot the exact street you use but it shouldn't be 20 miles off. Thanks !

The GPS sensor has a powerful magnet on the back of it, so what we did was placed it on the outside of the car (above the windshield) for maximum sensitivity. The system is incredible accurate for me. Custom stereo shops will just let it sit behind the AVIC & stick it onto the metal structure of the vehicle. The route I took for the installation takes 10 minutes longer to install but the results is resounding.

The VSS, vehicle speed sensor was hooked up as well to "pin" the car's location. Even if the satellite(s) losses your position momentarily, this is where VSS assist in locking in your location. Hope I was able to help...

Julius,

I hear ya, I solder most of the wiring jobs I do as well. I decided to go with very small wiring caps for this application due to the size of the wirings, plus it was quick & easy. Wrap some electrical tape around that & you're good to go. But is the instructions easy to understand?

Trieullionaire