AVIC411.com

Complete Nub how to burn MPEGS?

Ok so I just got a d-3 installed in my Lincoln ls everything so far is fine and good with the unit, but I am having trouble figuring out how to burn mpegs. I have about 500 music videos on my pc that I wish to view in the car, but every time I burn them just as a data DVD the unit says "wrong format" or something like that. Question is how do I burn these files onto a DVD and play them. Now most of the files that I have are "file type" MPEG video/audio stream and or MPEG-4 Movie. I tried downloading some programs to convert the video but didn’t know what to convert it to and I found some of the programs need a super computer to run them, like is super I read about on here. If ne one could take the time outta there day to tell me step by step how to accomplish my goal I would extremely appreciate it.

Wilson

:D:D:D

I have been playing around with this myself. I am trying to take videos off youtube and burn them to a dvd to play on the D3. My problem is how small they come up on the unit. My converter has an option for resolution, and I set it to the 500x240, and I'm doing DIVX files. but they just come out small. Anyone have any suggestions on which programs to use to get youtube videos and also settings help? Thank you in advance!

Tommy.

t_Mac...

download a program called TMpegEnc. Make sure your mpegs are mpeg2. Put the files in TMpegEnc and it will create the necessary files into a folder which you specify. You can also create menus and thumbnails for your files. Then take those files and burn a movie file in whatever burning software you use. I like Nero, but to each his own.

There are many methods of going about it, this is just the way i use.

Tommyranch... use super converter. If 500x240 is too small, try a larger resolution.

Do you tweak any of the settings? Also, what output format do I want for it to play best on the AVIC? It doesn't seem that FLV files (the files I get after harvesting a video from Youtube) are supported, are they? Is there any better way of getting youtube videos so I'm not dealing with the FLV format?

No, not really. FLV videos are going to look like crap no matter what kind of encryption/encoding you put them through. As far as what settings to use, I have no idea. I've never actually needed to do it.

I've tried other websites, and even torrents and such, but if I could find a place like youtube that hosted those types of videos, but in another format that is better for converting to an "Avic friendly" format, I'd be better off. I'm not looking to steal movies or anything of that nature, but things like chadmattandrob videos or Flight Of The Conchords live videos and things like that would be great if I could play them for folks on our road trips and such - not that the D3 is bypassed or anything - only play the vids when the parking brake is on... :wink:

I also would like to have a collection of music videos, any suggestions for sites that have a better format for conversion?

Thanks again for the help, and Hifisi, I think your avatar kicks @$$.