AVIC411.com

2007 Sierra Denali NBS Install

Hi everybody,

I wanted to profile my installation with the help of this forum and the folks at Peripheral I was able to get my Z2 installed. I also have an El Cheapo backup camera installed as well.

I used Peripheral's GMLNAV, GMAHLANB, and PESWIPS. ND-BT1 Bluetooth and GEX-P920 for XM.

In addition to the info in the pics below I put the Z2's mic on top of the rearview mirror with the double sticky tape provided. The cable was a bi**h to run requiring the removal of the right-hand (pillar??)

My intention was to run the GPS antenna out of the 3rd break light and on top of the truck, but I couldn't get the headliner down without breaking stuff so I settled for using the Pioneer provided metal sticky plate and placed it under the dash just underneath the center channel speaker. I removed the speaker and stuck the metal plate to the upper vent ducting. It seems to be working ok for now although I don’t get the best GPS signal. I may put it somewhere else later.

Finally I ran the power and video cables for the rearview camera under the truck and through a factory grommet just beneath the drivers floor mat. I routed the cables along with exsisting wire looms and I hope it will hold up to the elements. I mounted the camera on the hitch just below the plastic bumper. It works ok but a ball hitch will probably block some of the view.

I hope this helps anyone installing a Z2 into a GM vehicle. All totaled I have about 10 hours of work and about $1300.00 in the project.

Z2 $810.00 EBAY

GMLNAV $60.00 local car shop

GMAHLANB $100.00 EBAY

BU camera $30.00 EBAY

GEX-P920 $50.00 XMSTORE

ND-BT1 $75.00 Amazon.com

DIN kit $20.00 Local car shop

Various fuses connectors and wire $50.00

PESWIPS $50.00 EBAY

Great radio and I recommend it to everyone.

post-11429-12872753892944_thumb.jpg

post-11429-12872753894972_thumb.jpg

post-11429-12872753896593_thumb.jpg

post-11429-12872753897888_thumb.jpg

post-11429-12872753899181_thumb.jpg

post-11429-12872753900674_thumb.jpg

post-11429-12872753902031_thumb.jpg

post-11429-12872753903363_thumb.jpg

Very nice install....at least now I know it can be done...nice choice in truck...I've been tempted to get one, but the amount of chrome that they went well out of their way to install on the truck is the sole reason why I haven't pulled the trigger....of course I could get rid of the chrome....but I just couldn't go ripping up a $70+ truck up, straight from the lot....Nice motor...AWD...nice interior....I'm just a wierdo and have a thing about chrome, and believe it belongs on cars from the 50'ies... :roll:

I love the truck. The Denali looks best in black, but black shows everything. Minor scraches show up more on it then any other vehicle I have owned. Its also the best looking truck I've ever had. A coat of wax will make it shine for weeks and takes any noticable scraches out. It also comes in white and gray.

Thanks for the complements, the install was tough, but its working great.

You don't have to tell me about black....it looks beautiful when clean...but man it does take alot of maintenance....If you can get the car/truck straight off the transport new....you are given a chance to put fresh wax/polich on fresh paint....otherwse...the very first handwash will promote swirls...I like to use a very fine "micro-cut" or finishing cut....to rid of the swirls...then use a good carnuba to protect it....after the first good wax....Meguir's NXT or Turtle Wax ICE is great....only then are swirls not a problem when hand washing....

I like black...LOL...

654923425_l.jpg

X5.jpg

Hey im doing the same install on my dads truck 2008 2500hd, anyway i got the PESWIPS, and the GMAHLANB GM, i saw u orderd the GMLNAV what exactly does that peace do, i thought the GMAH did the onstar and all that stuff? does that just plug into the oringinal wirein harness so u dont have to tap into it?

I used the GMLNAV for its VSS and Backup signal here's the link for the device:

http://www.peripheralelectronics.com/pr ... ductID=327

Its just easier to get this signals from it than finding and tapping the factory VSS and backup sigs.

I tapped the GM-LANBUS upstream of the GMAHLANB. I used the connector that has the battery and ground wires. The other GM-LANBUS wire on the second connector will not work (I think its connected to the factory XM receiver)

I also used the LNAV's switched 12V wire to power the PESWIPS and the backup camera because they required a switched 12.

BTW when programming the PESWIPS the instructions state to press the units program button after every steering wheel press, but mine didn't need the program button press. Only if I was skipping a button did I press the program button. This may be because of the GMAHLANB.

Hope this helps. If you need additional info I'll help where I can.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm, I assume the unit powers up ok, in which case I'm not sure whats up. If RAP works and power turns on and off ok then GMLAN data is getting to the GMAHLANB otherwise it wouldn't turn the radio on.

Make sure you have the amp turn on wire connected to the amp wire of the GMAHLANB. From what I've read without it the BOSE amp won't turn on and thus no output to the speakers. I seem to recall it being Blue/White wire from the Z2??

Also, double check your speaker wires and make sure you don't have any crossed.

Hope this helps.

Chris