AVIC411.com

Okay...I'm finished talking with the folks at Pioneer Electronics. I've had 2 discussions with their customer service reps and I'm getting nowhere fast. Here's my problem: I've connected the Z1 to my VSS on my Ridgeline. I've reset my 3D Calibration and I still am not getting the 3D mode. I've driven over 115 miles. The Pioneer guy told me that there needs to be at least 5 satellites available (I have the max) and you need to be travelling at least 35mph. I've verified my pulse signal and I'm using the wire that has been suggested by members of this forum as well as others. Could there be something wrong with my Z1? How much more should I wait? I guess the good news is everything else with the Z1 is great. Please help.
[quote name="bongus"]Okay...I'm finished talking with the folks at Pioneer Electronics. I've had 2 discussions with their customer service reps and I'm getting nowhere fast. Here's my problem: I've connected the Z1 to my VSS on my Ridgeline. I've reset my 3D Calibration and I still am not getting the 3D mode. I've driven over 115 miles. The Pioneer guy told me that there needs to be at least 5 satellites available (I have the max) and you need to be travelling at least 35mph. I've verified my pulse signal and I'm using the wire that has been suggested by members of this forum as well as others. Could there be something wrong with my Z1? How much more should I wait? I guess the good news is everything else with the Z1 is great. Please help.[/quote]

Yah, it should get into 3d mode very quickly... either it doesn't like your VSS wire, which you can watch on the MENU - SETTINGS - HARDWARE - CONNECTION STATUS screen (speed pulse) while you drive or there might be something wrong with the Z1.

Mine was full 3d calibration within 50 miles at most.
[quote name="ducatiboy"]
either it doesn't like your VSS wire, which you can watch on the MENU - SETTINGS - HARDWARE - CONNECTION STATUS screen (speed pulse) while you drive or there might be something wrong with the Z1.

[/quote]

Hello Steve, this is what I see in the connection status: it's pretty much at zero when I am driving but as I hit certain speeds, a #1 pops up then disappears. Should the numbers progressively increase as speed increases? Mine just goes from 0 to 1 depending on speed (for example, when I hit 35mph a #1 pops up then back to 0 then when I hit 50mph another #1 pops up then back to 0. Is this what should expect from a speed pulse? TIA
Thanks for the reply Steve. From your description I got the wrong wire. You mentioned that the Z1 may not be "compatible"...I wonder how often this occurs. I will try another wire (my third) that someone used (they have an Alpine) and it worked for him. If there are any other suggestions out there, please bring it on. TIA
I am having a similar problem - mine is taking hundreds of miles to calibrate, slowly but surely. My mph is correct - but the problem I am having is that the street data in the lower left corner is not coming up. The manual says that when 3D hybrid is complete, then it shall be accurate so I'm hoping that's the issue with the street data.

Pioneer, who is now on my speed dial, says to wait til it calibrates then see if there is still an issue with street data.

I had reset the learning status of the 3D hybrid in my N2 and lost street data, and Pionner told me I had a bad unit. I upgraded to he N3 - same problem, so again I'm hoping the 3D calibration will take care of it.

If I remember correctly, I did not have street data on the N2 after installation until the learning was complete.

2003 Land Rover Discovery
Avic N3
I am having a similar problem - mine is taking hundreds of miles to calibrate, slowly but surely. My mph is correct - but the problem I am having is that the street data in the lower left corner is not coming up. The manual says that when 3D hybrid is complete, then it shall be accurate so I'm hoping that's the issue with the street data.

Pioneer, who is now on my speed dial, says to wait til it calibrates then see if there is still an issue with street data.

I had reset the learning status of the 3D hybrid in my N2 and lost street data, and Pionner told me I had a bad unit. I upgraded to he N3 - same problem, so again I'm hoping the 3D calibration will take care of it.

If I remember correctly, I did not have street data on the N2 after installation until the learning was complete.

2003 Land Rover Discovery
Avic N3
SUCCESS!...Okay, I got the 3D working. I ended up using a different wire (you would think the wire labeled VSS would work---not my car!). Now I can really enjoy the Z1. Thanks for everyone's input. I'm glad it was not a bad Z1; I would have hated being without it.
[quote name="GM"]Were you not getting any "bars" at all on your 3D before?[/quote]
Yes and no. When I reached a certain speed one pulse and one bar would pop up then disappear. Now I'm getting a lot of bars and a lot of pulses. The pulses I receive are about double the speed (e.g. if I am travelling 25 mph I will see 50 pulses). I am now getting the 3D Hybrid mode and waiting for more bars to show up. It works, it really works.