AVIC411.com

Good Rear View Camera for Z1?

Hi, I am looking for a good camera and wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions? I would like a color camera that also performs well at night.. (black and white is ok for night) I would like one that can be drilled and put in a rear bumper so that it is small and hardly noticeable.

If anyone can make some suggestions I would appreciate it!

Thanks
The Pioneer ND-BC1 is a great camera, but uses a bracket to mount it. Hitchcam makes one that goes into your hitch receiver and is removeable... otherwise, there are a slew of cameras out there, online and in stores, just check around. The Z1 will accept nearly any camera, just be sure it is waterproof and is for automotive use...
Funny thing is that this question has been asked before and noone ever recommends a specific camera other than the Pioneer - which is overpriced.
Get one from ebay under $100 but make sure the viewing angle is 90 deg. or more and the light sensitivity is below lux2. Check the size for mounting locations. Make sure that it's a reverse camera (showing a reverse image as you see in your mirror). Consider IR illumination for night viewing. Here is one that looks good in the spec's:
[url]http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=006&item=160013815588&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1[/url]

If you get one let us know what you think of it.
I bought ^^that^^ exact camera from that ebay seller.

Picture quality is very nice, and the night vision so far has worked well.

It was alittle tight to install in my Grand Prix and I had to bore out my keyhole to make it fit.

I was having some issues with distored images, but it turns out I bent the video cable coming out of the back alittle to much.
Re-routed it and has been working well ever since.
[quote name="Tickbrotha"]
It was alittle tight to install in my Grand Prix and I had to bore out my [b]keyhole[/b] to make it fit.
.[/quote]
Just curious, do you mean you replace the keylock with this camera leaving you with only the remote for opening the trunk?
[quote name="Passat 05"] [quote name="Tickbrotha"]
It was alittle tight to install in my Grand Prix and I had to bore out my [b]keyhole[/b] to make it fit.
.[/quote]
Just curious, do you mean you replace the keylock with this camera leaving you with only the remote for opening the trunk?[/quote]

Yes it replaced the keylock, but I never used it anyway.
I always use the remote. Plus I still have the release button in the glove box and even the fold down portion of the rear seat if the car battery dies.
[quote name="Helevitia"]Could someone tell us how this camera is installed? It looks like you just remove all of the rings but one, drill a hole the size of the thread diameter, slip it through the hole, then screw on a second ring?[/quote]

That's just about correct. You have several rings with cams that can be turned in order to lign up the camera precisely.
  • 4 months later...