AVIC411.com

IPOD Classic video input mod using apple cable and CD-i200

Do you think this is the fix for the D3/Ipod Classic video issue?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think this is the fix for the D3/Ipod Classic video issue?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe, it's your money...waste it how you like.

Before I do this, I'd like to get a second opinion if it will work...

1- Cut an ipod Classic compatible Apple composite AV cable in half.

2- Cut the ipod jack end of my CD-i200 off.

3- Splice ipod jack end of the Apple cable to the end of my CD-i200.

I will most likely have to re-pin the apple cable jack to take some of the control/charging wires from the CD-i200. I'm looking for the pin specifics/diagram for the Ipod classic and it would be nice if I had both the CD-1200 and Apple cable pin specifics also. Anyone have them? Know where to look? I've been searching the net.

All this is under the assumption that the Ipod jack end of the Apple cable contains the "chip" that everyone speaks of.

Let me know what you think and I'll get started. Worst case scenario; I'm out 80 bucks in cables! lol

It's not a Pioneer issue but more of an Apple issue. They've made the new ipod classic somewhat proprietary by encoding them to only broadcast video over their cables or one of there authorized manufactures. They say it can be fixed with a firmware hack but I've heard some bad things, as well as some good things though.

If I can buy the apple cable cheap and we can find a good diagram of the pin outs, I will do it. I sold my 60GB ipod video and kept the Ipod TOUCH and it would be nice to see the videos on the D3.

After playing with the Ipod Touch the ipod video is something of the past for me. Mine it's only 8GB but I have 3 movies around 300mb each and around 13 music videos 20mb-35mb each they look like DVD, plus 213 songs. and I still have more than half of space empty on the ipod.

It's worth it for those with ipod touch or iphones.

It's not a Pioneer issue but more of an Apple issue. They've made the new ipod classic somewhat proprietary by encoding them to only broadcast video over their cables or one of there authorized manufactures. They say it can be fixed with a firmware hack but I've heard some bad things, as well as some good things though.

That's very stupid of them, most of the people buy ipods because they have lots of aftermarket add-ons for them and not because it's a super great mp3 player or video player. I hate how the ipod sync songs and videos , it sucks not having the ability to transfer songs from the ipod to the pc or even delete them directly from the ipod. BUT I bought mine because it was compatible with my D3 music only and compatible with my home theater. without that MAIN feature the ipod would not sell to much.