AVIC411.com

D3 install in 2006 Dodge Ram SRT10

Hey guys,

New to the forum and in no way do I know what I am doing. I am going to drop my truck off and have the install done by professionals. Just looking for advice on what adaptors I need.

I have a 2006 Dodge Ram SRT10 w/ the infinity system. I am going to have a D3 installed with the bluetooth adaptor and Ipod adaptor. What do I need to make the steering wheel controls work? Also, Is there a way to make the factory sub work under the back seat?

I just installed the AVIC D3 in my 07 Ram hemi QC _myself_. It isnt that hard.

Call up sonicelectronix.com, and they will sell you the accessories you need. There is a Schroth harness that plugs into the factory harness and solders to the leads coming out of the D3.

They also hae a Schrothe mounting kit with a mounting ring that fills the extra space around the d3. If you dont have the factory navigation bezel, you can buy one on ebay. They have em in differnt colors with a sqaure cutout.

You also need a metra brand antenna adapter that lets you plug your factory antenna into the D3.

The only hard part of the install was that I fabricated two rack ears from aluminum to hold the D3 in place in the dash. I think crutchfiled has a metra install kit with metal brackets that screw onto the side of the d3, so you dont have to do this.

Good luck!

(Just call crutchfiled or sonicelectronix and they will hook you up.)

I havent seen the Scosche mount for the Rams yet. I had originally installed my D3 in my '08 with a Metra kit. Metra makes some of the best products on the market but I just switched to the American International kit and find its one piece design has a much cleaner look than the two piece Metra. IMO the best interface is the P.A.C. (Pacific Accessory Connection www.pac-audio.com)

Thanks for all the help guys! I have just been so busy I work I decided to drop it off at bestbuy and have them do the install. It was pricey but it looks incredible. The install guy actually did the bypass for me also! I love the radio so far. I think my phone and bluetooth is causing some issues at start up. Sometimes when I start the truck there will be no sound on the radio. No beeps when you touch the screen or anything. Turn the truck off and start again and it is fine. I think it is something with the bluetooth because it only happens when the phone is around. Anyone else ever see this?

did anyone answer your question about the steering controls?

you need the peswips (50 on ebay, 99 at best buy) and the peswican (60 ebay, dont know if bb carries it) unfortunately you need 2 pieces for new dodge and vw vehicles. let me know if you get them hooked up ive had alot of problems with them in a 05 megacab.

and about the mute problem. it sounds like your infinity amp isnt getting powered up right away. maybe a problem with the interface but could also be an install problem. i cant see the bluetooth causing this issue because doesnt it just lower the volume when it recieves a call? instead of muting it entirely.

and its nice to see a bb guy do the bypass! cool dude