AVIC411.com

When to bypass

I have the avic d2, i havent installed it yet. Am i correct in saying that i dont need to hook up my VSS wire and i need to ground my parking break wire and add a pin to the epmty slot in the harness and ground it and all my functions should work correctly while moving?

If i am correct in saying that, when should i make all of these connections? Should i do them on initial install, before ever booting up the unit for the first time? does it really matter.

thanks for all input
I have the D1 and during install I installed the unused blue power ant a wire into the empty plug in the upper corner, grounded the ebrake wire and did not install the VSS wire. Unit is working perfectly. I don't care about some of the other options requiring the VSS wire to be hooked up. Works as good as my bluetooth GPS unit I was using. And yes all function works while driving just fine - I have not tested any type of DVD playback however as I don't have an external unit hooked up yet.
I think that the VSS wire also keeps track of your speed so when you lose SAT signal as in a tunnel your nav system can still track your location.Also I understand that there is no reason to leave it off.The bypass works either way so your losing features for no reason.Correct me if I'm wrong anyone.Just going by what I read here. I havent done the bypass myself.