AVIC411.com

AVIC D3 Hard Drive

Don't forget that a lot more of the newer cars today have powered antenna amplifiers in them than you'd think. Even if you have a stationary antenna, you might get crappy radio reception if it's not powered up. Check your car's wiring harness and see if it's got an antenna power wire on it...
I haven't seen any antenna amplifiers on vehicles with standard fixed mast antennas. I thought they were only used for windshield antennas or those little shark fin roof mounted antennas. Am I wrong?

I don't know... I just know that there are a fairly good amount of topics on this site about people's radio reception being crap because they didn't hook up the power antenna wire. Nobody ever bothered to ask if they had an in glass, sharkfin, mast, whatever antenna... just told them to hook up the wire and it fixes the problem.

I guess you could just hook it up without it and see if the reception's fine. If it's not, it's a pretty easy fix. Just hook up the wire.

Sounds good, but does anyone know where I can get a connector that will fit into the white plug?

If I tap into one of the other wires or antenna wire, I would like to stick the wire into the plug without it coming back out when I hit a bump or something.

Actually now that I think about it. I can connect the antenna wire normally and just tap the vehicle harness remote wire into the antenna too.