AVIC411.com

Has anyone transferred address book from Blackberry 8800?

I just got the D3 and I'm really happy with it. The only drawback is that I can't transfer my contacts from my Blackberry 8800 (powered by Cingular). I have been able to connect and register the phone.

Has anyone been able to transfer their contacts from a Blackberry 8800?

I've followed the transfer instructions to the letter (with help from several threads on this forum).

I keep getting the message "Unable to locate push file server".

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Yes! It's a bit tricky, and I did it with my T-Mobile 8800, but since you have Cingular it should be pretty much the same.

Here's what I had to do:

1. Connect the phone to the D3

2. Register the phone (Mine is in Slot 1, doubt it matters)

3. Go into the Bluetooth settings on the phone, and make sure the D3 shows up in the list.

4. Hit 'Phonebook transfer' on the D3

5. On the 8800, select the D3 in the Bluetooth list and hit 'Connect' (You need to hit the menu button, then connect)

6. After its connected, on the 8800, go into the mini-menu for the D3 again, and select 'Transfer Address Book'

You should see it say 'Transferring Address book' and on the D3 it will start counting how many contacts you've sent.

Thanks for the quick reply unfortunately, it's still not working. Once step #4 is completed, the bluetooth connection is terminated (as it's supposed to) and the D3 changes to the transfer screen (as it's supposed to) but I can't reconnect the 8800 in step #5. Any thoughts?

Jahntassa: I also tried transferring the address book w/o reconnecting as you suggest but it didn't work. That's similar to the D3 instruction manual.

Thatdood: Can you share the steps you took to transfer your 8820?

Thank you both.

Here is what I had to do with my 8830.

1. Register the phone with the D3

2. Make sure they are connected

3. Go onto the D3, go to that bluetooth screen and his transfer phonebook (or whatever it says, i cant remember the exact name). At this point you should notice that the D3 and the phone disconnect from each other.

4. Go into your Blackberry and go into the Bluetooth screen and find the Pioneer, highlight it, hit menu and Transfer Address Book

5. Drink a beer :)

Here is what I had to do with my 8830.

1. Register the phone with the D3

2. Make sure they are connected

3. Go onto the D3, go to that bluetooth screen and his transfer phonebook (or whatever it says, i cant remember the exact name). At this point you should notice that the D3 and the phone disconnect from each other.

4. Go into your Blackberry and go into the Bluetooth screen and find the Pioneer, highlight it, hit menu and Transfer Address Book

5. Drink a beer :)

That is what I did....I had to initiate the transfer from the Blackberry, not the D3. The option to transfer the phone book on the D3 apparently disconnects the bluetooth, but then you are able to transfer the address book to the D3. Not that all the contacts are shown as "last name first name", but without a comma. Also, entries are searchable by last name only, apparently. You can then go into each entry and edit the entries, modify the names and delete any entries you don't want on your D3.

Paul

• 3 weeks later...