AVIC411.com

The official, "I want to know if this will work" t

Bear with me guys, I'm a new to AVIC411 and all but I need some help.

I need help displaying video from my iPod Nano (3rd Gen) on my D3. I bought a CD-I200 cable off of eBay, and connected it today. The music/iPod control works great, but I can't seem to figure out the iPod Video thing. The iPod I have is a 3rd Gen iPod Nano, and here's what I have done.

1. Opened videos menu

2. Chose Settings

3. Turned the TV Out option to "on"

4. Set the output to NTSC

5. Set the output to "Widescreen."

Now, when I plug it in, and get to the iPod control screen, I press the button on the touch screen called "Video" and it goes to the video screen and displays a message "Use iPod for full control." So, on the iPod, I chose the video I want to play and click Play and it says "TV Out is on, please plug in video device."

This is where I am stumped. It is plugged in, so I tried unplugging it and plugging it back in. Nothing. Still tells me to plug in video device, with a picture of the dock connector on there.

Could a non-genuine Pioneer cable be causing this problem? The auction I won says it is a genuine one, but I doubt it. It looks strangely similar to the cheap Chinese USB--->iPod cable I bought off of eBay.

Here's a link to the auction I won:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... N.m313.lVI

Any help is appreciated, I sure would like for this to work. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks is advance!!

The latest generation of ipods require authentic apple accessories to output video so it will not do it through the CDI200. Your only option is to buy the $50 from Apple and run it into the A/V input on the D3. That cable will not charge the ipod and you will not have any onscreen control, everything will have to be done from the ipod. More info here if you want to read through it all:

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 23&start=0

No, but if you revert them back to firmware version 1.0.2, they will work if you start playing the movie from the ipod, unplug them, and then plug them back in. Kind of a pain in the ass when you can buy an 80 gig 5.5 gen refurb from the apple store for half the price that works easier

My buddy is telling me that the new 80GB and 160GB classic models have an update to remove the block for playing video. Is this true?