AVIC411.com

Avic-D3 in a 2003 Honda accord

It seems I've gotten myself into quite a mess. I have an 03' Accord coupe with the stock navigation in it. A few months ago, the navigation blew out and I decided to replace it with the D3. Since there is no dash kit for the dual climate control double din, a custom audio shop near me said they would fabricate one. After taking out the stock unit, they found that all the A/C controls were tied in to the unit. If they were to install the Avic-D3, i would lose all heat and air control. Has anyone tried this install, and if so, how did you do it? Any ideas?

looks like you didn't do a research before you tackle this project. this is the problem with new cars these days. all of the controls are connected to the radio so you're limited to what you can have as far as having an aftermarket headunit.

if you really wanna do this, you would have to get the metra kit for your accord.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-gdZs0C8DMV ... =120997864

it doesn't look that appealing, but you'll be able to use an aftermarket head unit. :)

Surprisingly, I did do the research before this and found there was not kit other than the one you just showed me. The place I took it to claimed they could get it to work. Once i brought it there and they took it apart they realized they couldn't. For some reason, on the 03' models the wiring is tied into the nav unit.

I'm going to install the stock nav screen in the lower pocket, and then install the avic in the stock screens place. That way, I will have all my dual climate control and the D3 :P

My bad, you're right... I've been living in the car pc world for a few weeks, where the space required only needs to be for the LCD. I believe the guy only replaced the stock LCD/radio controls with an LCD for his car PC.

You're right, that won't help you with a radio that's >6 inches deep, sorry!

• 1 month later...
I've seen that before, but it still doesnt help with the climate control. Once i take out the stock unit the climate control won't work

Any thought in keeping the stock unit as-is and install you DIN unit in the console stoarge box in front of your shift lever? I have a 2008 and decided thats what im going to do. Plenty of room there. You will have to build a face plate but this would be easy enough... what is your thought on this?