AVIC411.com

Ipod Adapter

Guest phouki

Guest phouki
I'm currently using the previous ipod adapter (CD-IB100). Is there a way to change the playlist using the playlist buttons on the unit??? Currently I have to use the touchscreen to switch playlists. Or do I have to upgrade to the new ipod adater the CD-IB100II?
I have the CD-IB100II, althought I don't use it very much. I'd rather copy my music onto the HDD, faster and easier to select songs IMO. There is a slight delay in browsing songs via the iPod adapter.

I'm not sure what's your question. Could you rephrase it so next time I'm using the iPod, I'll let you know. :?:
  • 2 weeks later...
I emailed Pioneed support about this:

I am looking at buying the new ipod adapter what is the difrence between the CD-IB100 and CD-IB100ii?

And this was the reply from Pioneer:

The only difference between the CD-IB100 and CD-IB100II is the connector was change to make it more secure with the iPod connection.

Thank You,

Lori
Customer Service Representative
[quote name="ducatiboy"]I emailed Pioneed support about this:

I am looking at buying the new ipod adapter what is the difrence between the CD-IB100 and CD-IB100ii?

And this was the reply from Pioneer:

The only difference between the CD-IB100 and CD-IB100II is the connector was change to make it more secure with the iPod connection.

Thank You,

Lori
Customer Service Representative[/quote]

I wish they can program the P. List button on the Z1 to change the playlist on the ipod, as where I can do it on the D1 by press up or down on the circle button.
This one works WAY BETTER than the older unit. Or way better on the Z1 than the older unit on the D1 I tried it on. I called Pioneer on the older unit & my D1, and they said "yes it sucks, use the RCA in for your IPod". I returned it to Crutchfield.

Still not perfect yet, though the issue is more with the HU than the adapter.

Having 5 lines in the search beats one line at a time on the D1. A suggestion would be to do an alpha quickscroll (like with the phone book). Another thing they could do is cache the entire directory information on the hard disc, instead of fetching it from the IPod 5 lines at a time. They could also make the playback display more like the CD, so you could see the songlist of the album and select songs by touch.

I've got a 60GB IPod, with about 100 artists on it (from my vast 500GB mp3 collection - 10 years of collecting of UseNet). I may never get to hear Van Morrison again (or Halen for that matter), as it just takes too long to get down that far.

Another example of how Pioneer 1/2-assed a function on it's flagship HU. Probably fix all this on the Z2 (since they come out with a new unit every year it seems). I upgraded from a D1 I bought for Xmas. Really didn't want to spend the $$, but the feature set (bluetooth/dvd/better IPod control) was the integrated solution I was looking for. All the wires & rigging are off my console now.

Just wish the damn thing worked a little better...

Rick
[quote name="SickRick"]They could also make the playback display more like the CD, so you could see the songlist of the album and select songs by touch.[/quote]

I can do this now...unless I'm misunderstanding you.

The nice thing about the Z1 is a lot of the software is on the harddrive and it has space to expand, hopefully Pioneer will release updates to make the product better...I'm not holding my breathe though. It's rare that anything other than a few minor updates get pushed through.
[quote name="SickRick"]

I've got a 60GB IPod, with about 100 artists on it (from my vast 500GB mp3 collection - 10 years of collecting of UseNet). I may never get to hear Van Morrison again (or Halen for that matter), as it just takes too long to get down that far.[/quote]

I have an Alpine IVA-D310 in my other car. My complaints about it were the iPod navigation. It takes forever to scroll through the list. On top of that the lists are limited to 255 entries. A few of this year's Alpine models have an iPod "speed connector." I believe the 255 entry limit is gone, but more importantly, you can navigate much faster. There is a scroll bar, and say you want to get to the middle of the list, you simply touch the middle of the bar.

It seems like the Z1 has the same type of "slow navigation" that I have in my IVA-D310. Has anyone had experience with the two units and would you be able to compare them as far as the iPod interface?
[quote name="jester"] [quote name="SickRick"]

I've got a 60GB IPod, with about 100 artists on it (from my vast 500GB mp3 collection - 10 years of collecting of UseNet). I may never get to hear Van Morrison again (or Halen for that matter), as it just takes too long to get down that far.[/quote]

I have an Alpine IVA-D310 in my other car. My complaints about it were the iPod navigation. It takes forever to scroll through the list. On top of that the lists are limited to 255 entries. A few of this year's Alpine models have an iPod "speed connector." I believe the 255 entry limit is gone, but more importantly, you can navigate much faster. There is a scroll bar, and say you want to get to the middle of the list, you simply touch the middle of the bar.

It seems like the Z1 has the same type of "slow navigation" that I have in my IVA-D310. Has anyone had experience with the two units and would you be able to compare them as far as the iPod interface?[/quote]

I played with the IVA-W200 briefly today and I can say that it is significantly faster. I tried touching the middle of the scroll bar, and although it didn't jump to that point on the bar it did skip much further down, a few more taps and I would be through the list. So that portion was nice. One thing I didn't notice, and again I may have missed it because I only played with it for a few minutes, was that it didn't have "Genre" or "Songs" category to search with which I thought was odd since the z1 has it.

The Z1 is slooooow on the navigation. I do like the fact that it incorporates a shuffle (so does all alpine models.) The newer alpines also don't require an external interface to integrate with the ipod, just a $10 cable.

On thing I think you can do with the z1, though I'm not certain, is you can press "up" when at the top of the list to immediately get to the bottom of the list...doesn't help if your artist is in the middle but still a decent shortcut.

A good (but IMO overly harsh) review is here:
[url=http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/ipod/review/pioneer-avic-z1-navigation-system-with-cd-ib100ii-ipod-ada/]http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/ipod/r ... -ipod-ada/[/url]