AVIC411.com

i read the sticky already and searched but couldn't find what i was looking for.

i have the ipod 5th gen. and for certain songs, i hear a distortion that drives me nuts. i tried the backlight on and the ipod charge off but it's still there. ipod EQ settings to off and nothing works. i even tried to play around with the d3 sound settings. it doesn't increase with acceleration. it's just certain songs and it will only happen to THAT song only. so it's not a problem that's here and there. i don't know if it's the bitrate or quality of the song, but all my songs are 128+bitrate.

any suggestions?

thanks.

Based on the fact that it only happens with specific songs, it might just be an encoding issue or sound/recording level with the specific files. Maybe try downloading another copy of the song from somewhere and replacing it in the music library. Chances are that will fix it.

Try turning on soundcheck in the ipod settings menu. Soundcheck keeps all songs at the same output level, and by doing so it turns down the ones that are louder than others, it might keep the "Hot" sonds from overdriving the input of the AVIC unit.

hmm... good idea... i'll give that a try. thanks.