AVIC411.com

burning a movie that I download

I have downloaded numerous movies in MP4,DIVX,AVI format and am triyng to burn them to a dvd. I can't seem to be able to get them onto a blank DVD to watch them on the D3. Or what program should I be using to convert to whatever i need them to be in.

I can upload most of them to my IPOD and watch them that way but it takes up alot of space.

Thanks Guys

Chris

Great question. I spent yesterday doing the same thing ever since I found out my new 80g sixth generation Classic ipod will not play videos on the D3 via the cd-1200 cable because of a microchip issue on the video out. I converted my videos to divx since the D3 clearly states that it will play divx movies on a dvd, yet after 4 attempts...they still don't play and I just get error messages.

CAN ANYONE HELP????

SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME!!! I have now converted numeroud files to divx through my Xilisoft Video Converter and STILL do not play when I burn them as data through nero on a blank DVD. Is it okay for the files to have the .avi extension after the conversion or should it say .divx. Perhaps a dumb question. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG??????????

Please help...

No offense but this isn't the "how do I burn movies I stole from the net forums" If you can't figure out how to burn movies onto a disk and get them to work then maybe you should purchase those said movies and not worry about the problems?

Sorry to be an ass and short but this kind of stuff drives me completely insane.

Some links to help you guys out.

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10741

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4950

For sure, you can burn a data disc of video files to play on the D3. Also, to answer a question above, the file extension .dvix does not exist. Having a file extension of .avi is fine, but .avi is just an extension that describes a container file. A .avi file doesn't necessarily mean that it is encoded in divx.