AVIC411.com

CD Text reading on Z1

Since I have over 20gigs of mp3s, I have to now go backwards and write them on disk so I can load them on the Z1 and I was wondering if the Z1 recognizes CD TEXT of the track listing on the CD. I sure would hate to have to type all of that information on the Z1 Screen. I was asking this cause I am about to start burning the 100 or so disk! BTW, I did do a search and couldn't come up with an answer.

Also,
Can it read DVD Audio and do the similar operation? Just to cut down on the amount of disk?
Just keep in mind that even when you burn them to an Audio CD you won't get real audio CD quality out of the file. MP3 is a lossey compression technique which means you lose some of the data when you rip from a normal CD to MP3.

So, when you let the Z1 rip that kind of audio it is basically compressing an already compressed file. This means that what was an acceptable 160Kbps or 192Kbps is now effectively 80Kbps or 90Kbps. Needless to say this sounds horrible.
Well since no one directly addressed this, I took care of it and tried it out. If you write CD Text to the Music CD, it will load it into the database for you. I have not tried mix matching artist and such on a CD yet. That will be my next test when I get back in town for another round of testing.

I do not have the program to allow DVD Audio CD creation so I couldn't attempt the DVD Audio Test. I don't even know what type of file is put on a DVD Audio CD. I know on regular CDs it is CDA. Maybe it is DVDA? Then I would have to find some sort of converter for MP3 to DVDA....